LCD 2005 03 02
Date of Issue: 11th March 2005
LCD TELEVISION TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 5
Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
Reference - LV-092
Revision - 1
White – Carry out as required
Yellow – Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service
Red – Carry out on all units
SYMPTOM Dark shadows appear on screen. This is normally associated in an environment in
which a supersonic humidifier is used.
Sealing of the LCD panel allowing chlorine to build up on the surface of the LCD
Carry out the following improvement:
1. Referring to pages 12 to 15 of the service manual, remove the major parts.
2. Remove the Reflection Panel.
3. Wipe off the contamination from the LCD panel and optical sheets. Use a tightly
rung cloth damped with purified water.
4. Stick the four spacers (PSPAZA526WJZZ and PSPAZA527WJZZ - two of each
type) to the die-cast chassis frame as shown on page two.
5. Stick commercially available electrical insulation tape on the inside of the bezel at
the 27 positions as shown on page 3.
6. Re-assemble the major parts in reverse order.
7. Before installing the LCD panel, stick the four spacers (PSPAZA528WJZZ and
PSPAZA529WJZZ - two of each type) to the die-cast frame as shown on page 4.
8. Complete the re-assembly and test.
This improvement has been carried out during production from the serial numbers
Spacer - Length 850mm, Thickness 2mm
Spacer - Length 460mm, Thickness 2mm
Spacer - Length 510mm, Thickness 6mm
Spacer - Length 880mm, Thickness 6mm