View LG SW6D2 Service Manual online
BEFORE OFFERING SERVICE, READ
THIS MANUAL CAREFULLY TO DIAGNOSE
THIS MANUAL CAREFULLY TO DIAGNOSE
MODELS : WP-710N(P)/WP-720N(P)/EW-1003T-C
3. CONTROLS LOCATION
4. DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
5. ADJUSTMENT 15
6. EXAMINATION AFTER REPAIRING 15
7. TROUBLE-SHOOTING GUIDE 16
8. SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM 19
9. EXPLODED VIEWS 20
10. REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST 23
• APPENDIX (The types of power supply cord) 27
1-1. Safety precautions
1. MOVING PARTS
Never put your hand into the
spin dryer basket until it has
come to a complete stop.
Also never put your hand into
the wash tub while washing
or rinsing.(Either of these
actions can be extremely
2. ELECTRIC POWER CORD
in any way, it could cause a
malfunction, an electrical
shock, or a fire.
• When unplugging the power
cord from the
outlet, always be sure to
take hold ofthe plug, and
never pull on the cord.
• Do not set heavy objects on the power cord and
be careful that the cord does not become
pinched by the washing machine.
3. HOT WATER
Do not use water hotter than 50°C; doing so
could cause damage to some of the plastic parts.
4. WATER AND THE WASHING MACHINE
Be careful not to allow water
to come in contact with the
controls of the washing
machine ; doing so could
cause a malfunction or an
5. INFLAMMABLE MATERIALS
Do not put clothing, rags or other materials which
have been soaked in an inflammable substance
(such as benzene, paint thinner, kerosene, etc.)
into either the wash tub or the spin tub ; doing so
could cause a fire.
6. WHEN NOT IN USE
If the washing machine is not used for a long
period of time, unplug the power cord from the
8. HEAT AND FLAME
Many parts of this washing machine are made of
flammable plastics ; never place hot or burning
objects on or near the washing machine.
1-2. Servicing precautions
Before attempting to service or adjust any part of
the washing machine, disconnect the electrical
power supply from the wall outlet and remove the
water in the washing machine.
• Select the installation location.
• Because of the danger of electrical shock, do
not place the washing machine in a location
where it would be exposed to rain or excessive
moisture(such as a steam bath).
• Many of parts of this washing machine are made
of plastic, and could catch fire or become
damaged if exposed to an open flame, extremely
high temperatures, or strong direct sunlight.
• Place the washing machine on a flat, level
surface and allow a clearance of at least 5cm
between the washing machine, walls or other
• (MODEL: WP710N)
Lower the drain hose so the water drains from
the open end, and reroute the drain hose
suitale to the position or the washing machine.
• (MODEL: WP710NP) Connect the drain
hose to the drain outlet at the tear of the
washing machine and secure with the clamp
• (MODEL: WP710N) Place the end of the
drain hose in a sink at a height of no more
than 1meter. (Standard height:0.8m)
2. GROUND WIRE CONNECTION
For models with a two-prong plug, be sure to
ground to prevent electrical shock.
• If the water tap and indoor piping are both metal,
wind the ground wire around the base of the
• If either the water tap or indoor piping is not
metal, obtain instructions from the dealer how to
bury a ground rod.
• Do not connect the earth wire to a gas pipe.
3. POWER SOURCE
• Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet
indicated on specification label.
• Do not plug the washing machine into the same
electrical outlet with other electric appliances.
If the power cord is damaged
Guard against small children from playing near or
on the washing machine.