LCD 2013 10 16
Date of Issue: 15
LCD TELEVISION TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 2
Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
Revision - 1
– Carry out as required
– Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service
– Carry out on all units
Unit turns on (Blue LED), but no picture is on the display and no errors are recorded.
This could be the result of firmware corruption.
To recover the unit, download and install the BOOT version of the firmware.
The unit is updated as follows:
1. Download the BOOT firmware from the Technical Website.
2. Extract the file and copy folder and file to a USB stick.
The boot file should appear in a folder marked “boot”.
3. Unplug the TV from the mains outlet.
4. Insert the USB stick to one of the USB ports on the TV.
5. Plug the unit into the mains.
6. When the front panel LED becomes bl
ue, keep pressing front panel ”VOL-“.
7. Wait until the front panel LED becomes RED (Flashing), then release the front
“VOL –“ key.
Note - If the LED does not flash RED, repeat steps 3 to 7.
This may take several attempts.
8. The software upgrade operation will start, and the Red LED will blink as follows (1s
Red, 1s OFF).
9. Once the upgrade operation has completed successfully, the red LED will blink as
follow (1s RED, 4s OFF).
Note - If a different flashing sequence appears, refer to page 2 for more
details of the error code.
10. Remove the power cord from the mains outlet, and then remove the USB memory