LCD 2013 06 05
Date of Issue:
LCD TELEVISION TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 1
Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
Revision - 1
– Carry out as required
– Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service
– Carry out on all units
DVD firmware update procedure.
The following information describes how to update the DVD firmware.
1. Download and extract (Unzip) the DVD Firmware from the Technical Website.
2. Re-name the extracted
firmware file as ‘VESTEL.BIN’.
3. Burn and finalise the re-named DVD firmware file into an empty CD (or DVD).
4. Insert the firmware disc into the DVD loader of the TV.
5. The TV will detect the firmware automatically.
6. When the firmware is detected, you will see below items on screen:
Upgrade File Detected
Press Play To Start
As soon as you press play, you will see “Upgrading” on the screen.
8. Once the firmware is downloaded, the TV will eject the CD / DVD out.
DO NOT POWER OFF THE UNIT.
9. Wait for the DVD background screen to appear shown as below. It may take
around 3 minutes.
10. When the background screen appears, the firmware update is complete. Power
OFF and ON the TV.