View Panasonic TH-R42PV8KS Other Service Manuals online
TH-42PV8P, ORDER NO. PCZ0802011CE.
rights reserved. Unauthorized copying and distribu-
tion is a violation of law.
4. When servicing, observe the original lead dress. If a short circuit is found, replace all parts which have been overheated or
2. Connect a measuring network for touch currents between each exposed metallic part on the set and a good earth ground
4. Check each exposed metallic part, and measure the voltage at each point.
5. Reserve the AC plug in the AC outlet and repeat each of the above measure.
6. The potential at any point (TOUGH CURRENT) expressed as voltage U
The limit value U
tive (ES) Devices
trostatically Sensitive (ES) Devices. Examples of typical ES devices are integrated circuits and some field-effect transistors and
semiconductor [chip] components. The following techniques should be used to help reduce the incidence of component damage
caused by electrostatic discharge (ESD).
which should be removed for potential shock reasons prior to applying power to the unit under test.
4. Use only an anti-static solder removal device. Some solder removal devices not classified as [anti-static (ESD protected)] can
6. Do not remove a replacement ES device from its protective package until immediately before you are ready to install it. (Most
ble conductive material).
to damage an ES device).