Service bulletin # HK2002-001
Harman International SNC - Harman Consumer International 2, route de Tours 72500 Château du Loir -FRANCE-
To: all harman/kardon Service Centers
Models: DVD 20
Subject 1: Pin 8 on TV Scart connector stays Hi in Standby ( TV stays in AV input )
Subject 2: Pin 2 on TV Scart connector is put to ground
In standby, if the output of pin 8 on the TV scart connector is 7Volts. Carry out the following modification to have
0 Volts output in standby on pin 8.
Parts needed: 1 resistor SMD 220
Part no. RS1711 and 1 wire for jumper
1. Take out the scart PCB
4. Change R729 from 0
5. Add a new jumper (see picture).
6. Put the PCB back in the unit and make a test.
On TV scart connector, the audio input ( Pin 2 )coming from TV is grounded on the PCB. Carry out the following
modification to avoid damage to the input source.
1. Take out the Scart PCB
2. Unsolder pin 2
3. Unsolder the shield of the Scart connector
4. Release the two locks on the shield and remove the shield
5. Cut pin 2 on the back of the connector.
6. Assemble the parts again and test the unit.
Cut pin 2 on the back for
the TV scart
Shield soldered on
New jumper on Scart b’d
2 4 6 8