KLV-40/46W300A (WB) 4
These servicing instructions are for use by qualified service
To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not perform any servicing
other than that contained in the operating instructions unless you
are qualified to do so.
An isolation transformer should be used during any service to
avoid possible shock hazard, because of live chassis.
The chassis of this receiver is directly connected to the ac power
Replace all components with Sony parts whose part numbers
appear as shown in this manual or in supplements
published by Sony.
WARNINGS AND CAUTIONS
It is essential that all critical parts be replaced only with the part
number specified in the electrical parts list to prevent electric
shock, fire, or other hazard.
NOTE: Do not modify the original design without obtaining
written permission from the manufacturer or you will
void the original parts and labor guarantee.
USE CAUTION WHEN HANDLING THE LCD PANEL
When repairing the LCD panel, be sure you are grounded by
using a wrist band.
When repairing the LCD panel on the wall, the LCD panel must
be secured using the 4 mounting holes on the rear cover.
1) Do not press on the panel or frame edge to avoid the risk of
2) Do not scratch or press on the panel with any sharp objects.
3) Do not leave the module in high temperatures or in areas of
high humidity for an extended period of time.
4) Do not expose the LCD panel to direct sunlight.
5) Avoid contact with water. It may cause a short circuit within
6) Disconnect the AC power when replacing the backlight (CCFL)
or inverter circuit.
(High voltage occurs at the inverter circuit at 650Vrms.)
7) Always clean the LCD panel with a soft cloth material.
8) Use care when handling the wires or connectors of the inverter
circuit. Damaging the wires may cause a short.
9) Protect the panel from ESD to avoid damaging the electronic