Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
White – Carry out as required, Yellow – Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service, Red – Carry out on all units
Month of Issue: June 1999
VIDEO TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 2
SYMPTOM Head switching point requires adjustment.
When carrying out the head switching adjustment for any of the above models, follow
the procedure outlined below.
1. Remove the front panel so that access can be gained to the test mode pins.
2. Insert the alignment tape (VROCPSV) into the machine.
3. Play back the alignment tape.
4. Make a momentary short circuit between test points TP5001 and TP5002 (see
diagram on page 2).
5. Press the PLAY button – the automatic adjustment is completed at this point (the
play symbol may flash during this process).
6. Press the STOP button to return to the normal mode.
Correct head switching points can be checked by connecting an oscilloscope to the
video output and triggering it off the head switching pulse (TP2202). Note that if the
head switching points can be monitored during the automatic setting procedure.
Relationship Between the Head Switching Point and the Video Output Waveform