Procedure for turning ON the power
1. Connecting the system
Using the system cable, connect the Panel Unit and the AVC System.
Connect the Panel Unit to the AC power source.
Connect the AVC System to the AC power source.
2. Procedure for turning ON the power
Turn ON the AC power switch located on the Panel Unit.
The STANDBY/ON indicator on the Panel Unit will start blinking in red.
(When the AC POWER button on the AVC System is not ON, the STANDBY/ON indicator on the Panel Unit
always blinks in red.)
Turn ON the POWER button located on the AVC System.
The STANDBY/ON indicator on the AVC System will be illuminated in green. Simultaneously, the power indicator
on the Panel Unit will change from blinking in red to illumination in green. Now the system has started up.
If the STANDBY/ON indicator on the AVC System is illuminated in red, press the POWER button located on the
remote control unit and the MAIN POWER button located on the Panel Unit. The STANDBY/ON indicators on
the Panel Unit and the AVC System will change from red to green. Now the system has started up.
Procedure for upgrading the software
(1) With the power being OFF, open the top cabinet for the AVC System and then set the slide switch from the
NORMAL position to the WRITE position by inserting a needle-like insulator into the cutout located between
the WHITE port on the rear of the shield case for the PC I/F unit and the RS-232C port.
(2) Connect the PC having the program installed, to the AVC System using the cross cable for the RS-232C port
(for the details of the program, see Appendix).
(3) Open the MS-DOS window on the PC and then go to the directory in which the software is installed.
(4) Start up the system to which the AVC System and Panel Unit have been connected.
(5) Run “vup.bat (tentaive name)” at the MS-DOS prompt. The software will be upgraded.
(6) Load the file “civc_XXXXa.bhxmain.bhxosd.bhxt (tentaive name)”. It will take approximately a few minutes
until the file has been loaded. Never turn OFF the power or operate the system during this rewriting period.
(7) After the file has been loaded, turn OFF the Panel Unit and the AVC System and then return the slide switch in
the above step 1 from the WRITE position to the NORMAL position. Now the software has been upgraded.
Procedure for adjusting each part of AVC System
The adjustments were made to the best settings at factory. If any setting deviates or if any readjustment is
regarded as necessary when any part is replaced, perform the following steps.
Any parameter that has been changed within the process adjustment is stored on the memory. If any readjustment
is required, write down the current value before changing it.
Use a stable AC power source.
If the program is upgraded, it will take approximately 1 minute for the EEPROM to be initialized before any video
appears. Therefore, you will need to wait for this time period. Do not turn OFF the power or operate the system
during the period.
If the program is rewritten, write down the parameters that have been changed within the process adjustment
(see “5”.OSD menu and parameters displayed at manual adjustment), initialize the EEPROM, and then reenter
the recorded values.