3 – 1
 After replacement of any PWB and/or IC for repair, note the following.
When replacing the following units, be sure to prepare the new units loaded with updated software.
• Note that an IC into which ROM data is written is available for MAIN-UNIT servicing (see below)
 SOFTWARE UPDATING
There are 2 methods to update software in the VCTp: I2C method, RS-232C HyperTerminal and RS-232C Tera Term method.
• RS-232C method is allowed when the TV is working properly and the action should be only software upgrade.
1. RS-232C Method Description (HyperTerminal).
The hardware tools requirement are:
1. A Modem-null (Cross type) DB9 female to DB9 female cable.
2. Make the connections as indicated in the figure:
Before using RS-232C updating method is necessary to configure a Terminal PC software. HyperTerminal has been selected as a Terminal soft-
ware because it’s include in all Windows versions as an accessory, and you can find it inside “Accessories\Communications” folder. For this rea-
son, please follow carefully the next steps:
1) First time HyperTerminal is used, it’s necessary to configure some settings. Follows next action to configure two connection: low speed
(9600bps) and high speed (115200bps).
2) Create a New Connection file with name “P55_9600bps”.
3) Select a free COM port and select the Port Settings properties as follows: