CTV2001 07 02
Month of Issue:
TELEVISION TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 2
Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
White – Carry out as required
Yellow – Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service
Red – Carry out on all units
SYMPTOM Set is dead (no power supply operation).
Power supply failure.
Fit the power supply kit using the part number below. Also note the following:
1. Ensure that a posistor is fitted in series with R705 (see diagram on page 2)
2. Check that the value of R719 is 680R. If a 1k resistor is fitted, fit a 2k2 resistor in
parallel with it (the resistor is included in the kit).
3. Fit a 1N4148 diode across R716. The cathode of the diode is connected to the
emitter of Q702. Note that this diode may be fitted on the print side of the PWB.
4. Inspect all joints in the power supply and line circuits for failure.
5. Check all suspect components and replace as necessary.
Power supply kit
The kit contains the following items:
Zener diode, BZX79C6V2
Resistor, 0.33R, 1W metal film
Capacitor, 0.68nF, 63V mylar
Resistor, 2k2 1/2W