CTV2002 06 01
Month of Issue:
TELEVISION TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 2
Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
White – Carry out as required
Yellow – Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service
Red – Carry out on all units
SYMPTOM IC1300 on the centre speaker PWB runs hot or the set is dead set due to IC1300 or
IC1302 causing a short circuit on the +/-16V supplies.
Carry out the following as necessary.
1. Add jumper wires JL2 and JL3 as shown in Figure 2 on page 2 below to reduce the
running temperature of IC1300.
2. Check IC1302 for short circuit across the supply and replace as necessary.
3. Check for and if necessary re-solder dry joints on C1306.
Also check the condition of IC1300 and replace if necessary.
1. If the track is cut below IC1300 and jumper link JL1 is fitted (as in Figure 1 on page
2) it is not necessary to carry out the modification as detailed in figure 2. The
parts required for this improvement are listed in the table below.
2. There are two versions of this PWB. Pro Logic models are not fitted with IC1300.
3. In the case of a dead set, caused by short circuit IC1300, it is possible to run the
set by completely disconnecting the centre speaker PWB.