AR-M351U/M451U, AR-M355U/M455U ADJUSTMENTS 8 - 3
2. Image check, adjustment
(1) Copy image check
1) Place a test chart (UKOG-0089CSZZ) on the reference posi-
tion of the OC, and make a copy.
2) Place a test chart (made as shown below) face-down on the
(D)SPF, set the document guide, and make a copy. (Single
3) Place a test chart (made as shown below) face-up on the
DSPF, set the document guide, and make a copy. (Duplex
4) Check each output copy.
(Image distortion/ each void/ lead edge position/ Off-center/
Magnification ratio/ Density/ Dirt, etc.)
5) If there is no problem in copy images, the image check is com-
(2) Division of adjustment positions
1) If there is any problem in checked images, perform self-print
and the adjustment positions (scanner side/ engine side) are
If there is any problem in the copy image and no problem in
the self print, an adjustment on the scanner side is required.
If there is any problem on the copy image and any problem in
the self print, an adjustment on the engine side is required.
(3) Adjustment procedures
Perform the adjustment procedures as described below.
A. Adjustments on the engine side
<1> LSU right angle adjustment
Items which must have been completed before this adjust-
• Nothing special
Items which must be executed after completion of this adjust-
• Print off-center adjustment
• Print lead edge adjustment
• Front/rear and left/right void amount setting
1) Execute SIM64-1.
2) The print pattern "71" is printed.
3) Check the output print.
4) Loosen two fixing screws of the LSU unit
(M4 screws which are fixing the LSU and the top plate).
5) Adjust the LSU fixing position with the adjustment memory as
6) Tighten two fixing screws of the LSU unit.
7) Print again in the grid pattern and check the print.
8) Repeat procedures 4) to 7) until the specification is satisfied.
<Right angle check method>
<1> Make self-print of pattern 71.
<2> Draw a line perpendicular to the sub scan direction (paper
transport direction) with a square.
The point of intersection of the perpendicular line and the
horizontal line is regarded as the starting point.
<3> Measure distance A (between the self-printed line and the
perpendicular line drawn with a square) at a position of
220mm from the starting point.
<4> Check that distance A satisfies the following specification.
Making of SFP test chart
Use standard paper of A3.
Mark to the full width of the paper so that each void/image
loss can be checked.
At that time, mark so that the front /rear and the top/bottom
can be identified.
Draw a center line in the paper transport direction to identify
the off center.
LSU right angle adjustment
SIM64-1: Pattern “71”
Print off-center adjustment
Each tray resist amount setting
Print lead edge adjustment
Front/rear and left/right void
OC scan distortion adjustment
SPF height adjustment
SPF scan distortion
Scan magnification ratio
SPF/DSPF scan magnification
OC scan lead edge adjustment
SPF scan lead edge
Original off-center adjustment
Standard paper of A3
SELF PRINT MODE. SELECT 0-7, AND PRESS START.
0. TRAY SELECT :
1. PRINT START
2. PRINT PATTERN:
3. DENSITY :
4. MULTI :
5. MODE :
6. LEVEL :
7. DUPLEX :