Thank you for your purchase of a SHARP LCD product. To ensure safety and many years of trouble-free operation of your
product, please read the Safety Precautions carefully before using this product.
Electricity is used to perform many useful functions, but it can also cause personal injuries and property damage if improperly
handled. This product has been engineered and manufactured with the highest priority on safety. However, improper use can
result in electric shock and/or fire. In order to prevent potential danger, please observe the following instructions when installing,
operating and cleaning the product. To ensure your safety and prolong the service life of your LCD product, please read the
following precautions carefully before using the product.
1. Read instructions — All operating instructions must be read and understood before the product is operated.
2. Keep this manual in a safe place — These safety and operating instructions must be kept in a safe place for future
3. Observe warnings — All warnings on the product and in the instructions must be observed closely.
4. Follow instructions — All operating instructions must be followed.
5. Cleaning — Unplug the power cord from the AC outlet before cleaning the product. Use a dry cloth to clean the product. Do
not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.
6. Attachments — Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer. Use of inadequate attachments can result
7. Water and moisture — Do not use the product near water. Do not install the product in a place where water may splash onto
it. Be careful of equipment which drains water such as an air-conditioner.
8. Ventilation — The vents and other openings in the cabinet are designed for ventilation.
Do not cover or block these vents and openings since insufficient ventilation can cause overheating and/or shorten the life
of the product. Do not place the product on a sofa, rug or other similar surface, since they can block ventilation openings.
Do not place the product in an enclosed place such as a bookcase or rack, unless proper ventilation is provided or the
manufacturer’s instructions are followed.
9. Power cord protection — The power cords must be routed properly to prevent people from stepping on them or objects from
resting on them.
10. The LCD panel used in this product is made of glass. Therefore, it can break when the product is dropped or applied with
impact. Be careful not to be injured by broken glass pieces in case the LCD panel breaks.
11. Overloading — Do not overload AC outlets or extension cords. Overloading can cause fire or electric shock.
12. Entering of objects and liquids — Never insert an object into the product through vents or openings. High voltage flows in
the product, and inserting an object can cause electric shock and/or short internal parts.
For the same reason, do not spill water or liquid on the product.
13. Servicing — Do not attempt to service the product yourself. Removing covers can expose you to high voltage and other
dangerous conditions. Request a qualified service person to perform servicing.
14. Repair — If any of the following conditions occurs, unplug the power cord from the AC outlet, and request a qualified service
person to perform repairs.
a. When the power cord or plug is damaged.
b. When a liquid was spilled on the product or when objects have fallen into the product.
c. When the product has been exposed to rain or water.
d. When the product does not operate properly as described in the operating instructions.
Do not touch the controls other than those described in the operating instructions. Improper adjustment of controls
not described in the instructions can cause damage, which often requires extensive adjustment work by a qualified
e. When the product has been dropped or damaged.
f. When the product displays an abnormal condition. Any noticeable abnormality in the product indicates that the product
15. Replacement parts — In case the product needs replacement parts, make sure that the service person uses replacement
parts specified by the manufacturer, or those with the same characteristics and performance as the original parts. Use of
unauthorized parts can result in fire, electric shock and/or other danger.
16. Safety checks — Upon completion of service or repair work, request the service technician to perform safety checks to
ensure that the product is in proper operating condition.
17. Wall mounting — When mounting the product on a wall, be sure to install the product according to the method
recommended by the manufacturer.
18. Heat sources — Keep the product away from heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves and other heat-generating
products (including amplifiers).
DEAR SHARP CUSTOMER