Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
White – Carry out as required, Yellow – Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service, Red – Carry out on all units
MWO2000 01 06
Month of Issue: January 2000
MICROWAVE TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 2
SYMPTOM No operation on any function, unit shuts down in any mode within one minute.
Damper cam mechanism dislodges from the motor shaft or the cam is jammed.
Carry out the following improvement.
1. Replace the Damper Spring (item 4 - 4) with a modified type.
2. Replace the Damper Level (item 4 – 28) with a modified type.
3. Replace the Damper Motor Angle (item 4 - 26) with a modified type
4. Replace the Fan Duct (item 4 – 33) with a modified type.
5. Fit a cushion on the fan duct, directly above the Damper Cam as shown in the
diagram on page 2. This ensures that the cam does not ‘ride up’ and dislodge.
6. Apply a small amount of glue to secure the Damper Cam to the motor shaft.
Use the part numbers given below for the new parts.
4 - 4
4 - 28
4 - 26
Damper motor angle
4 - 33