View Panasonic TH-42PY80P / TH-42PZ80B / TH-42PZ80E Service Manual online
4. When servicing, observe the original lead dress. If a short circuit is found, replace all parts which have been overheated or
2. Connect a measuring network for touch currents between each exposed metallic part on the set and a good earth ground
4. Check each exposed metallic part, and measure the voltage at each point.
5. Reserve the AC plug in the AC outlet and repeat each of the above measure.
6. The potential at any point (TOUGH CURRENT) expressed as voltage U
The limit value U
Sensitive (ES) Devices
trostatically Sensitive (ES) Devices. Examples of typical ES devices are integrated circuits and some field-effect transistors and
semiconductor [chip] components. The following techniques should be used to help reduce the incidence of component damage
caused by electrostatic discharge (ESD).
which should be removed for potential shock reasons prior to applying power to the unit under test.
4. Use only an anti-static solder removal device. Some solder removal devices not classified as [anti-static (ESD protected)] can
6. Do not remove a replacement ES device from its protective package until immediately before you are ready to install it. (Most
ble conductive material).
to damage an ES device).
In the information below, Pb will refer to Lead solder, and PbF will refer to Lead Free Solder.
The Lead Free Solder used in our manufacturing process and discussed below is (Sn+Ag+Cu).
That is Tin (Sn), Silver (Ag) and Copper (Cu) although other types are available.
suggest the use of Pb free solder as well, although Pb solder may be used.
der. If this is not practical, be sure to heat the Pb free solder until it melts, before applying Pb solder.
ever, Sn+Cu (tin, copper), Sn+Zn+Bi (tin, zinc, bismuth) solder can also be used.