1 Safety Precaution
(This “Safety Precaution” is applied only in U.S.A.)
1. Before servicing, unplug the power cord to prevent an electric shock.
2. When replacing parts, use only manufacturer’s recommended components for safety.
3. Check the condition of the power cord. Replace if wear or damage is evident.
4. After servicing, be sure to restore the lead dress, insulation barriers, insulation papers, shields, etc.
5. Before returning the serviced equipment to the customer, be sure to make the following insulation resistance test to prevent the
customer from being exposed to a shock hazard.
nInsulation Resistance Test
1. Unplug the power cord and short the two prongs of the plug with a jumper wire.
2. Turn on the power switch.
3. Measure the resistance value with ohmmeter between the jumper AC plug and each exposed metal cabinet part, such as screw
heads, control shafts, handle brackets, etc. Equipment with antenna terminals should read between 3M
Ω and 5.2MΩ to
allexposedparts. (Fig. A) Equipment without antenna terminals should read approximately infinity to all exposed parts. (Fig. B)
*Note: Some exposed partsmay beisolated from the chassis by design. These will read infinity.
4. If the measurement is outside the specified limits, there is a possibility of a shock hazard. The equipment should be repaired
and rechecked before it is returned to the customer.
SH-MZ1200PP / SH-MZ1200EB / SH-MZ1200EG / SH-MZ1200EP / SH-MZ1200GN