- 47 -
(5) Air Purging of the Pipings and indoor unit
The air which contains moisture remaining in the is refrigeration cycle may cause a malfunction on the
1. Confirm that both the liquid side valve and the gas side valve are set to the closed position.
2. After connecting the piping, check the joints for gas leakage with gas leak detector.
3. Remove the service port nut, and connect the gauge manifold and the vacuum pump to the service port
by the charge hose.
4. Vacuum the indoor unit and the connecting pipes until the pressure in them lowers to below-76cmHg.
5. Disconnect the charge hose and fit the nut to the service port.
(Tightening torque: 1.8kg.m)
6. Remove the valve stem nuts, and fully open the stems of the 2-way and 3-way valves with a hexagon
7. Tighten the valve stem nuts of the 2-way valve and 3-way valve.